Resistance is futile! The cloud is here. The good news is that it is not something to be feared by IT pros. There is a lot of change, but change can be good. At this event we will be exploring two kinds of cloud that are on offer from Microsoft.
On June 19th we will explore Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in the Microsoft Cloud OS. The Cloud OS is a hybrid cloud that includes on-premise virtualization & private cloud. Microsoft Azure provides the public cloud element, integrated tightly with the private & on-premise infrastructure. On June 19th we will have deep dive “how to” sessions that cover content on:
- New storage solutions in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Solving challenges and limitations of legacy storage technologies
- Service automation
- Flexible IT
- Building your very own Azure IaaS cloud for private use or public hosting
- Integrating Azure into your private on-premise network and infrastructure
On June 20th we will move into the world of Software-as-a-Service where we make use of already-deploy software solutions that Microsoft offers. We dive into Office 365, device management with Windows Intune, and PowerBI for Office 365. The latter session is guaranteed to be quite entertaining and educational!
- Communications using Office 365 Exchange & Lync
- Managing client devices using Windows Intune
- Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and mobile device management (MDM)
- Collaboration using Office 365 SharePoint and Yammer
- Enabling the business to us Office 365 to make business decisions
You can choose to attend either or both days. This is a time of change, and attending this event will prepare you, not for the future, but for what has already arrived.
Go to http://techcamp2014.azurewebsites.net/ to Find out more or register